Just wanted to post this again in the hopes that more people will see it and participate! Thanks!
I know I’ve been so bad about posting on here, college is really kicking my ass! I’ve been trying to be better about queuing up some inspirational goodies for y’all.
But I have a favor to ask! I’m writing a research paper on mass media’s effect on body image (naturally) and I want to get real-people experiences too. I have some questions that if any of you could take some time to answer and put in my ask box (anonymously or not, your name will not be used in that paper), that would be amazing! Please message me if you have any questions.
- When is the earliest you remember being conscious of your own body size? Did you feel negatively or positively about it?
- When is the earliest you remember noticing the size and shape of people in mass media (i.e. television shows, movies, commercials and advertisements, magazine covers, etc.)? How did this affect you?
- What do you think the “standard of beauty” is for men and women, as defined by mass media? What do you think about it?
- How do you think the media’s standard of beauty has affected you personally?
- Have you ever dieted or tried other methods of trying to lose weight and/or gain muscle? Why?
- Do you think the media’s standard of beauty is different for men and women? How do you think it affects each?
Thank you so much!